Data and Figures
Here you find data, graphs and other information related to ecology, conservation, and climate change. Please respect copyrights of the different websites!
For German language information, please go here.
- xeno Canto, a community database of shared bird sounds from the whole world.
- Global Warming Art (GWA)
This webpageis the result of a dream that the public and educators should have easy access to the same data and results that have framed the scientific discussion of global warming and climate change.
- NASA Multimedia Gallery. Photos and Videos (NASA)
- Tipping point high resolution media (NASA)
- US Climate at a glance (NASA)
- Ocean Acidification. Summary for Policy makers 2013 from IGBP.
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) ...works to ensure reliable, affordable and clean energy for its 28 member countries and beyond.
- Specific data of Germany from the EIA
- Specific data for each state in the USA from EIA
- US Energy information Administration (EIA)
The U.S. Energy Information Administration collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy and greenhouse gas information...
Global Change Master Directory (NASA)
The GCMD holds more than 25,000 Earth science data set and service descriptions, which cover subject areas within the Earth and environmental sciences....
- Data and grafics on global amount of greenhouse gases (UFCCC)
- UNFCCC data on greenhouse gas emissions per country (UNFCCC)
- UNFCCC Data onGreenhouse gases
- Data Access and Summary with References for the Mauna Loa Site are here.
- Data and graphics from other Scripps CO2 collection stations are found here and can be used to show how the shape of the curve changes with latitude.
- Data from other CO2 collection networks (including ice-core data) are here.
- A rather detailed summary of greenhouse gas concentrations can be found here.
- Access to a wide variety of other validated scientific data is available from CDIAC's extensive archive (CDIAC)
The Global Carbon Project
The scientific goal of the project is to develop a complete picture of the global carbon cycle, including both its biophysical and human dimensions together with the interactions and feedbacks between them.
Ice and snow
Arctic Climate Action Registry.
Information and graphs on Arctic Ice.
- Data on the Cryosphere
- Global Glacier Change - Facts and Figures collected by UNEP
- Global Land Ice Measurement (GLIMS)
- Greenland Melting.
- National Snow and Ice Data Center
- World Glacier Monitoring Service in Zuerich
- NASA Goddard Space flight center. (NASA).
- Glaciers, snow and ice (World Glacier Monitoring Service)
- Picture on sea ice thickness by the European Space Agency (ESA)
Photographs from former and current times.
Extreme Ice Survey.
Seeing is believing. Photographs from various ice regions of the world.
- Glacier Photograph Collection (NSIDC).
The Glacier Photograph Collection is an online, searchable collection of photographs of glaciers, mostly taken in the Rocky Mountains, the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, and Greenland.
- World maps about CO2 emissions and other statistics from the International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Maps of all kinds of things, such as the percentage of children across the world (The World mapper)
- Global Distribution of Fire (NASA)
- Maps and grafics of all kinds of information on climate change, ecosystems, poverty,..(UNEP)
- A map of the earth with sound files from around the world (Wildsanctuary)
Pictures and animations
- UN Flickr Foto Library
- NOAA Flickr Foto Library
- Wikipedia Public Domain Image Resources (Wiki)
- A community indexed photo archive Gimp Savvy.
- Pictures at Flicker, especially hier.
- Pictures by Gary Braasch Photography: World View of Global Warming. This is copy-righted material!
- Science Photo Library
- Pictures and animations (NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)
- An exchange of pictures and movies, supported by WWF und IUCN (Connect2earth)
- Earth observation for polar Monitoring (PolarView)
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- Scientific Visualization Studio (NASA)
The mission .. is to facilitate scientific inquiry and outreach within NASA programs through visualization.
- State of Flux - Images of change (NASA)
Each week the State of Flux features images of different locations on planet Earth, showing change over time periods ranging from centuries to days... All show our planet in a state of flux.